Saturday, May 21, 2016

Love My Dog Leash



     Life with a dog has really changed during the last 20 years.  In the 1990’s I didn’t pick up dog poop from a grassy area, I had never met anyone who fed their dog anything other than kibble from a bag, and everyone I knew would have died laughing to see a dog being pushed around in a stroller or carried in someone’s purse.  Like everything else in the world, pet ownership has evolved – mostly for the better.

     One of my favorite modern accessories to dog ownership is my leash.  Back in the day a leash was basically a rope or flat piece of thick fabric with a hook on one end and a loop on the other.  The length was decided in the pet store when you made your purchase.  Today we have wonderful gadgets that allow us to adjust our dog’s leash as short or long as we like during walks.  What a wonderful advancement in the world of pet supplies.  Retractable leashes are wonderful things to own. 

     But I have something even better than that!  I own a Furbabies Retractable Leash that has a built in poop bag dispenser and LED flashlight.  This thing is the Rolls Royce of dog leashes!  I don’t have to juggle a leash and flashlight at night while I try to make it to the neighborhood poop bag dispenser before my dog does its business.  This leash allows me to maintain a firm grip on the handle, while locking the length of the leash by pressing a button with my thumb.  All the while, there’s a steady flashlight on top and a handy poop bag dispenser on the bottom ready to go when I need it.


     I think my favorite feature might be the fact that the flashlight and bag dispenser are both easily removable.  This way when I’m walking during the daytime I don’t need to have the flashlight with me.  And if I’m going somewhere I won’t be needing bags, I can easily pop that off too.

     Truly, the only negative things that I can say about this leash aren’t negative at all.  The lock button makes a clicking sound when you use it.  Unfortunately, it’s the same sound that you use for clicker training a dog.  Fortunately, my dog isn’t clicker trained, so it’s not an issue for me.  I just wanted to mention it for anyone considering purchasing this leash that may have a clicker trained dog.  The other thing is that this leash is only for dogs less than 50 lbs.  Sorry to all you large dog owners out there.  Just the way it is on this one.


     The company that sells Furbabies  Retractable Leash is amazing.  Eric and his wife make this wonderful product available to all of us pet lovers because they have their own pets that they love, too.  They work very hard to come up with just the right pet items for both them and us.  And, if you visit the product page at Amazon for Furbabies Retractable Leash, then click on the seller “Spiegelson, LLC”, you can send a message to Eric and tell him that you found out about Furbabies Retractable Leash on SuchaSimpleLife.com and he will hook you up with some freebies.  Who doesn’t love that?  And, while he’s at it, I’ll bet Eric will make you smile.  The company has a great philosophy and a terrific sense of humor.  (Make sure you read the tag found inside the product.  No spoilers, but it made me laugh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment